Biyernes, Setyembre 16, 2011

Man's Best Friend

I've been a dog lover the moment I came to this beautiful world of ours.
I was bitten a couple of times, if am not mistaken around six or seven, both dogs that I know and I don't, name it, from a simple leg bite to knocking me down on my belly and start to devour my back type of attack, but it never led me to have trauma or hate against this man's bestfriend.
My first dog is pasaki, a mid sized askal whom feets are like the japs, that's why my folks called her pasaki, in our native tongue it's simply sakang.
Although am very young at that time, but I can clearly remember she's the most obedient and protective not just for me but for the entire clan.
I cried tons of tears when she finally said goodbye to us, it was tough but heck that's how it works.

We had a couple more, but a standout is our dog THUNDER, a macho type of askal, pure white with broad shoulders and big head, he's a siga in our place.
He roams around in our street for two reasons, to get laid and get into a fight with other sigas, on a daily basis, after his rounds, bite marks and blood is very very obvious because of his white fur.
On my opinion, I think he fathered 60% of the living askals in our street, most of them is his litter.
Sadly, he never reached his dying age, and bad for us he never died before our eyes, what happened is, he went to his usual rounds but never came back, God knows what happened to him, and God bless his soul.
Thunder is very very memorable for our family, he only bit two people my cousin and our helper's kid, but thing is, he bit them on their heads, luckily no one died or get crippled, but don't get me wrong, although he may looked like a very vicious dog but he's sweet as a kid.

After this stud, the last dog that we had that is named is ALAIN, a balbunin askal lass, which is a sweet sweet dog, like our past dogs she's a very obedient and protective dog.
She produced a lot of litters, whom from her litter started our bizarre way of no name dogs, we had 3 dogs that bears no IDs, we just called them by sound, another thing is that I don't know how the dogs developed it but it seemed that they are afraid of us touching them.
With this dogs, I think I only touched them 2 or 5 times, max that is.

After which, a friend of mine gave me his meaty mouthed Chinese sharpie, a stubborn but very protective dog, she's my first experience in terms of having a foreign bred dog.
She stayed with just for 2 years, she produced a litter, but like her mom, she died very early, based from my research, sharpie's  prone from kidney deceases, and she and her pup died from it.
Sharpie introduced in knowing dogs little bit deeper, she introduced me to Cesar Millan.
I got her when she's still 6 mos, our first taste of bonding is chaos, Am all prepped-up for a long walk, but she won't budge, for some reason, I want to go north but she wants to go south, ending is that it becomes a tag of war.

The supposed first walk awesome experience didn't turn out the way I want it to be, I was furious and curious at the same time, why this bitch won't follow my lead, fuck it.
So I went to my PC and research the day away about walking dogs, alas I stumble upon the great Cesar Millan, I learned a lot that day, not just how to walk your dog, but dog psychology that is, I learned the Cesar Way.
After I read Cesar Millan's tips, my next session with my dog is a bliss, I get to walk her around our street, and the rest is history, I became the alpha dog and she get's to do what I want her to do, sweet.

When sharpie turned 1 or so, I got my self a male 2xl rottie, I got my massive dog when he's still 3 mos, and man he can down a whole fucking horse in 1 meal, his appetite, is unbelievable.
I got a lot of questions and eyebrow raising when I had him, wailer, because of the breed's reputation, second human killer of all time behind the dreaded pitbull terriers.
He looked vicious and huge, but he's a gentle giant, although am not the great Cesar Millan, not even close to him, but I have him in control, he behaves the way I want him to behave.
He's now 3 years old and he's fit and huge, he only barks when a stranger get's near our gate, which is a good sign that he's protecting our property.

Whenever he have our routine walks, we only walk, he ignores barking dogs, cars, motorcycles, people, kids, he just walk, but whenever a dog get's near us, he stops and just stand tall ready to protect his A-DOG whenever the need is urgent, but he get's into his walking mode whenever the strange dog walks away.

One good thing about my dog is that it's like he knows me well, whenever I have a bad day, he'll  just sit beside me and look me dead straight in the eye, as if  saying everything will be fine man shrugged it off, I will not talk, I'll just sit here and let's kill it down with silence, or if am having a blast, he always knows, he'll just ran and chase his behind pointlessly, as if saying were celebrating boss.

I hope wailer will live up to his expected age and he's a big help for me, considering that most of the time am away from my wife and daughter due to some reasons.
An ideal companion, a friend who never talks back and whine whenever he's having his day, thank God for our true best friends.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento